Bangladesh2000.com
March 28, 2024, 04:08:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

8 Amazing Holes!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Amazing Holes!  (Read 1472 times)
zahin

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:26:31 am »

8 Amazing Holes!These holes are not only amazing, but some of them are really terrifying - especially #8! The sheer scale of these holes reminds you of just how tiny you are.

1. Kimberley Big Hole - South Africa
Apparently the largest ever hand-dug excavation in the world, this 1097 meter deep mine yielded over 3 tons of diamonds before being closed in 1914.

2. Glory Hole - Monticello Dam, California
Glory Hole' at Monticello dam, and it's the largest in the world of this type of spillway, its size enabling it to consume 14,400 cubic feet of water every second.

3. Bingham Canyon Mine, Utah
This is supposedly the largest man-made excavation on earth. Extraction began in 1863 and still continues today, the pit increasing in size constantly. In its current state the hole is miles deep and 2.5 miles wide.

4. Great Blue Hole , Belize
This incredible geographical phenomenon known as a blue hole is situated 60 miles off the mainland of Belize There are numerous blue holes around the world, but none as stunning as this one.

5. Mirny Diamond Mine , Serbia
This one is an absolute beast and holds the title of largest open diamond mine in the world. At 525 meters deep, with a top diameter of 1200 meters, there's even a no-fly zone above the hole due to a few helicopters having been sucked in.

6. Diavik Mine, Canada
The mine is so huge and the area so remote that it has its own airport with a runway large enough to accommodate a Boeing 737. It looks equally cool when the surrounding water is frozen.

7. Sinkhole in Guatemala
These photos are of a sinkhole that occurred early this year in Guatemala . The hole swallowed a dozen homes and killed at least 3 people.

8. And the most terrifying one of all is #8?
 This is the famous 'Rat Hole' that you have heard about. It is capable of swallowing trillions and trillions of U.S. Dollars... Annually! Never to be heard from again.

It is quiet clear, what will be remain for our next generation...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum